Ahmedia Limited is an events company that runs corporate strategy forums and provides related services with a single office in the UK (“Ahmedia Limited”). We are committed to protecting the privacy of people who use our services, subscribers to online services, job applicants, suppliers, business partners and visitors to Ahmedia Limited’s website and offices. This privacy statement details how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, store and process personal information (as defined in the EU General Data Protections Regulations). Please note that the word "website" refers to any web page hosted under the ahmediauk.com domain. By visiting www.ahmediauk.com you consent to the practices detailed in this statement.
1. Automated collection and use of data via our website
1.1 When you visit our website the server will record your IP address together with the date, time and duration of your visit. In addition to your IP address the following technical information will also be collected:
- your login information
- browser type and version
- time zone setting
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating system and platform
- information about your visit including:
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time)
- pages viewed
- download errors
- page interaction information (such as scrolling clicks)
- methods used to browse away from the website
1.2 We use this information to compile research and analytics on the use of our website and to track how users navigate through our website in order to enable us to evaluate and improve it. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties any personally identifiable information or business details regarding the use of our website. Please note that we will never seek your bank account details or credit card details from you as this is not part of our business operating procedures.
2. Voluntary collection and use of data via our website
- 2.1 Personal information such as names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal details including details of any assistance you require or otherwise relating to services that we are providing to you will only be collected from users of the website who voluntarily input such information. We do not collect, use, and otherwise process sensitive or “special” category of personal information.
- 2.2 If you communicate with Ahmedia Limited via our Contact Us form or AI online assistant, depending on the nature of your enquiry or request, we may add you to our contact database in relation to receiving further information from us in the future. However you are entitled to opt out of this communication at any time by simply emailing [email protected] . Please note that if you let us know via another method we will make every effort to comply with your request however we may not pick up your request in advance of sending you further communications.
- 2.3 We use this information for the purposes set out at 1.2 above and also to provide and improve our services to the person inputting the data and our services generally, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable law; undertake systems testing, maintenance and development and in order to ensure network and information security; prevent fraud; and market our services and products to you where Ahmedia Limited has a legitimate interest, or you have consented to us doing so and in accordance with your preferences. Please note that we reserve the right to use this data and feedback from people to improve and change our services as we think necessary.
- 2.4 We only collect and process personal information in accordance with this policy and where we have a legal basis for doing so. When personal information is processed, the basis of processing will be in accordance with relevant data privacy laws, our legal obligations and to meet our information security requirements.
3. Opt out and unsubscribe
We shall only send such marketing communications to you to the extent that doing so is in the legitimate business interests of Ahmedia Limited or where you have consented to us doing so. You may withdraw that consent at any time by simply emailing [email protected], which will allow you to stop receiving similar communications in the future.
4. Other automated collection of data such as CCTV, telephone recording, access card lists, and use of your image
We have security cameras in place in all our offices and these automatically collect personal data through the recording of photographic images with dates and times for security and office monitoring purposes. We record all telephone conversations that we have with our clients and members of the public these calls are only available to access internally. Recordings are for the purpose of: providing evidence of a business transaction, ensuring Ahmedia Limited complies with regulatory procedures, to ensure quality standards or targets are being met and to prevent or detect crime.
5. Transfer of information between Ahmedia Limited and to third party companies
- 5.1 Please note that when necessary we share data between internally for the purposes outlined in this privacy statement and for our business operation requirements. We apply the necessary privacy and data management standards and ensure compliance with this via our data retention and deletion policy and data protection notice. Should you wish to have more details of these please contact us at: [email protected]
- 5.2 Ahmedia Limited has business relationships with third parties. In some instances we may disclose your personal information to third parties where this is necessary to perform the services for which you have engaged Ahmedia Limited or otherwise in furtherance of an outsourcing or other data processing arrangement. In those circumstances Ahmedia Limited will ensure that the third party is contractually bound to only process personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws, and at all times in a manner that protects your rights under applicable data protection laws. Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security.
- 5.3 In relation to any other third parties, Ahmedia Limited will only disclose or transfer your information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by contract, law or other regulatory code or practice, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings or the exercise of legal rights.
6. Retention of Data
We retain your personal information for so long as there is a reasonable need to retain the information for the purposes set out in the Privacy Statement.
7. Human Error
If you choose to opt out of Ahmedia Limited’s use of your data we will make every effort to cease using this data however please note that human error may occur in keeping your details on a mailing list. We ask you to assist us in immediately notifying us if such a human error were to occur.
Ahmedia Limited is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. All information that we collect is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by those with the security access level clearance within our company. Where a password has been provided to you by us it is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of that password and not disclose that password to anyone else. If your password has been or you suspect may have been compromised then you are asked to contact us immediately at [email protected] or by telephoning our offices and speaking to a member of our security team.
9. Change of ownership
In the event of a re-organisation, change in ownership, or transfer of all or part of our business, we reserve the right to transfer all of Ahmedia Limited’s data, including personal information, to a new entity or to third parties through which the business of Ahmedia Limited will be carried out. We will use all reasonable efforts to notify you of such change by posting on www.ahmediauk.com or via an email sent to the email address you provide.
List of Cookies in Use on Site
|Name (Of Cookie)
|Unique identifier for each browser session.
|A unique token per page refresh to identify authentic form submissions.
|Used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.